Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Practical Shooting SA - Huntex

Two weekends ago we attended the Huntex Show again and I cant believe an entire year has passed since we decided on taking up Hand Gun Shooting. 
At that time we had no idea of what we wanted to shoot.
We were looking at IDPA at the time of the show. 
I did not even have my competency certificate let alone my gun licence, so I am proud of the progress that I have made and can now inform you that I have all the legal documents and licenses that go with the sport. I am a member of Golden City Shooting Club in Johannesburg and now take part in IPSC shooting.
I shoot in the Standard Class with an STI Edge 40 and my second firearm license has just been approved for my CZ Shadow 9mm to shoot Production Class.
We are also getting all jacked up with the reloading of our ammunition - only reloaded for the 40 so far, but far more economical than buying new.
At the Huntex show we purchased a Sonic Cleaner for the ammunition and firearm parts and the difference in appreance in major. The Sonic Cleaner gets to the parts that you can not do by hand or normal tumbling. We will now see if there is a difference when we fire them as we have experienced a few jams. (Maybe just a bit of inexperienfce with the reloading, but we are correcting our faults as we learn and not having as many as in the beginning.)
Looking forward to some good shooting this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment