Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Shooting and Rock Rabbits - Practical Shooting

Saturday was another induction training session at Golden City Shooting Club. 
On the Range

Quite a few new members have joined again and it is great to see a club that is so active.

There is so much to learn and once again safety is the key issue with the IPSC shooting discipline.

This session concentrated on the different starting commands as all course of fire does not start the same, so concentration is required and you have to remember if you are loaded and racked or just loaded or neither of the previous.

We also practiced shooting when it was necessary to kneel and then using only one hand - both strong and weak hand.

Now it is working on muzzle direction, finger off the trigger and accuracy. The speed will come. 

Cheeky Rock Rabbit
I just love it.

Those who follow my blogs will know I always have my camera with me and just as always there was something worthwhile to show.

As I was walking from the club house to the shooting stations I heard what at first sounded like a bird squawking. I always have to know and see and lo and behold - a rock rabbit sitting on the tyre barrier sneering at us. Definitely not afraid of us and not perturbed by all the gun fire. I had never seen a rock rabbit in real life and always thought they were agile little creatures. This one looked real mean.


No comments:

Post a Comment